If you're running into issues playing an app on your Kindle Fire device, please try the steps below:
Visit the official Amazon site for additional support.
Force close the app and any apps running in the background
- Swipe down on the top of your screen to access the "Menu". You can also view the menu by tapping the gear icon in the top right.
- Tap "More" to view your Settings, then select "Applications".
- Tap "Filter by" in the drop down menu at the top of your screen, then select "Running Applications".
- Select the app you want to close, then tap "Force Stop".
- Tap OK, then select "Clear Data". Tap OK again to confirm your selection.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the remaining applications you want to close.
Restart your device
- Hold down the power button for a few seconds until you see the message "Do you want to shut down your Kindle?" appear.
- Tap Shut Down.
- After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your device.
- When the device has restarted, try launching the app again.
Updating the app
- Turn on your Kindle Fire, then tap "Apps" at the top of your screen.
- Tap "Store" in the top right, then tap the "Menu" at the bottom of your screen.
NOTE: If you're using a newer Kindle Fire device, the menu icon may be located in the top left or bottom right of your screen.
- Tap on "App Updates" at the bottom of your screen. A list of all apps requiring updates will appear.
- Tap "Update" next to the app you want updated.
Update your device software
Download and Install Software Updates Automatically:
Your device needs to be fully charged and connected to a Wi-Fi network before you can download the software update.
- Swipe down on the top of your screen, then tap "Settings".
- Tap "Device Options", and then tap "System Updates".
- Tap "Check Now" – if there is an available update your Fire device it will automatically download it.
- After you download the update, tap "Update".
Your device will restart during the software update. After restarting, you will see a "Installing system update" message on your screen.
Download and Install Software Updates Manually:
Visit the Amazon support site for detailed steps on how to manually install updates on your Kindle Fire device.